- Installs UTP copper, fiber optic, and other audio and video cable and connectors.
- Installs outlets, pulls cable, performs fire stopping and pre-termination including organizing, forming, dressing and labeling cables to industry standards.
- Termination, assembly and installation of 8-pin modular connectors, coaxial connectors, light-crimp connectors, compression connectors, and optical fiber connectors.
- Tests copper and fiber (multimode and single mode) cables to required certification parameters utilizing appropriate test equipment as required.
- Diagnoses and corrects copper and optical fiber problems.
- Performs removal and demolition of abandoned cables.
- Performs work in retrofit and new construction environments and implement cutovers.
- Operates hand and power tools effectively.
- Maintains consistency and quality in delivery of all projects.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for company assets including but not limited to vehicles, tools, and other test equipment.
- Understands floor plans, equipment layouts and architectural drawings.
- Supports and conducts self in a manner consistent with customer service expectations.
- Make Happy Customers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 1 year experience in a related field. May consider an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- BICSI certifications a plus.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Maintains positive outlook and strong sense of motivation and company pride.
- Ability to follow established methodology and procedures.
- Ability to work extended hours (overtime) as needed.
- Ability to be regularly scheduled for on-call status if needed.
- Ability to work both indoors and outdoors.
- Position requires daily travel to worksites; must be able to travel out of town/state for work on rare occasions.
- Must possess valid driver’s license and be insurable for any necessary business use of company vehicle.
- Strong technical and customer interaction skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is constantly required to sit, talk, see, hear, and use hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; move about, climb steps or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.