When you’re in the market for new copiers and printers, there are several important decisions to make. Aside from choosing the type of device you need, there are features available that can make your office much more productive.
You’ll also need to decide whether to purchase or lease your copiers and printers. There are advantages to both choices, and your final decision should be the one that works best for your budget and your needs going forward.
Benefits of Purchasing
Buying your copiers and printers outright is an option for companies with the capital to fund the purchase.
- Lower costs — Unless you’ve financed your purchase, you’ll avoid interest charges and pay less in the long term.
- No monthly payments — With no payments to consider, you can direct your funds toward business goals.
- You call the shots — When you’ve purchased your copiers and printers, they’re yours to do with as you please. You make all of the decisions about maintenance and when to keep or replace the equipment.
Benefits of Leasing
Leasing has some clear benefits, especially for businesses with a small budget. Here’s a look.
- No upfront cash — A lease agreement won’t require a large cash down payment.
- Pay as you go — By spacing the payments out over the term of the lease agreement, you may be able to acquire copiers and printers that your company wouldn’t be able to afford otherwise.
- Faster upgrades — A purchase means you’ve made a substantial investment and you may not be able to repeat the process anytime soon. As a result, your office may be stuck with old technology longer than you’d like.
Should you purchase or lease your copiers and printers? For help deciding, contact us at MBM Technology Solutions today!